The American Indian and Indigenous Studies Program (AIISP) offers a minor in American Indian and Indigenous Studies (AIIS) to all undergraduate students in any college at Cornell. The minor is earned upon the completion of five courses (a minimum of 15 credits) in American Indian and Indigenous Studies (AIIS), which includes:
- Two required courses, AIIS 1100 and AIIS 1110 (listed below).
- Three courses from Group A and Group B and/or an Elective (listed below).
- Of the three courses, one must be from Group A and another from Group B.
- Of the three courses, one must be at the 300 or 400 level.
- Only one Independent Study (AIIS 4970) worth 3-credits may count towards the minor.
- Courses must be completed with a letter grade of "C" or above.
- Courses taken for S/U and First-Year Writing Seminars DO NOT count towards the minor.
* Please note: Not all courses are offered each semester/year. The list varies in accordance with faculty schedules and visiting appointments. A full list of AIIS courses with descriptions can be found online here.
It is suggested that students who are interested in the minor, notify us no later than the beginning of their junior year. If you have any questions please contact us. We encourage our students to contact Dr.Troy Richardson for academic advisement. Download our application and get started today!